Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy birthday Michael!!

So on Saturday the April 17, we had a pool party for Michael's birthday. It was a lot of fun. I'm sad because I didn't take that many pictures. It was great that are friends came to swim in our nice heated pool. I of course didn't get anyone swimming plus it was dark.

The cake I made. I know it's hideous. I first didn't have a lot of time and also it was so warm that day my frosting kept melting. It looks girly, I know but it's a Spring cake. But it is an upgrade from last year's cake. Maybe I'll take a class sometime if I ever get a chance.
The food table. Michael grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill.
Helping daddy cook. Michael needs a hair cut.
Singing happy birthday.


The inside of the cake, on it's side. It fell over. With raspberry filling. It did taste good.

Thanks to everyone who can to the party and the gifts.
I hope Michael had a good birthday, I tried the make it special but I'm not very good at it.

For his birthday dinner we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory!! It was good. I got him The Book of Mormon of CD. So he can listen to the scriptures on his way to school and new scriptures. I know boring. I did send him on a scavenge hunt for it.

Happy birthday dear!!!!

3 comments:

Cambric said...

ok so maybe the sparkles n pink candles did make it look a lil girly (this is michael we are talking about though ... LOL jk) but the inside was freaking awesome! how did you have 2 different kinds of cake like that? special pan? n i bet it tasted delicious! YOU GOT TALENT GIRL!!!

The Nielson Family said...

It's a set I bought at Joann's craft store with a 50% off coupon. :) It was fun to make. Yeah the candles, I really felt bad about that. I realized I didn't buy any candles. I looked in the cupboard and all I had was bright pink candles. I tried to tell him they where blue. He's colorblind but I think you could tell something was wrong.

Mikelle and Ben said...

Wow that's an awesome cake! Congrats on the new baby, by the way! Hope you guys are doing well!