Thursday, October 29, 2009

Parenting for Dorks

I have decided that being a parent pretty much automatically makes you a dork. All of a sudden, the baby does some little tiny thing, something rather insignificant in the long run, and we come all undone and call everyone we know.

Earlier this week, I was changing McKay's diaper and he reached up and pulled my glasses off. I immediately called for Christina to get the camera and come quick! McKay repeated the stunt once for Christina to see, then kept his hands to himself once the camera came out.

Yesterday, the little bugger rolled over. Yep, went right from his tummy onto his back like it was no problem. I was at school, but the news was important enough to be communicated immediately, so Christina got the feat on her cell phone video camera and sent it on over. I tapped my foot until my class went to break and excused myself into the hall and watched the 40 second video 4 times, beaming with pride each time. I probably watched 10 more times during the day, and it took every ounce of self restraint I had to avoid showing it to everyone in the lunch room. I didn't see the feat in person until tonight, but after a little coaxing and coaching he pulled it off again. In my eyes, he might as well have won an Olympic gold medal.

Dorky, I know. I've come to terms with it.

Some pictures:



Christina had the idea to put him in a pumpkin in respect for the season, and the idea is cute, but unfortunately, our model wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea. The pumpkin was also a little too deep for him, and since he has decided he likes to chew, he immediately leaned forward and grabbed a mouthful of pumpkin. Yummy. Needless to say, the final result wasn't the "Ahhh" inspiring , blue-ribbon winning photos we had in mind. They weren't all bad, so we decided to share anyway.


Here is McKay chewing on the pumpkin!!

4 comments:

Cambric said...

very cute pictures! you should also post the video of him rolling over! THAT IS HUGE!!!

Eli and Amber Wisden said...

Adorable pictures -- And rolling over is a very big deal!

The Johnson Family said...

Morgan likes the pictures!!!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Cute pictures!!! Congrats to McKay for rolling over.