Monday, March 2, 2009

Big News!

At times in life, everyone must come clean;
For lies told, truth dodged, secrets kept unseen.
Many conversations have come and gone,
With words phrased so as not to let on.
And answers to questions asked directly,
Were always “No” so nobody would see.
And so it grew, and increased in size,
But no one has yet guessed our surprise!

And pay no mind to past words spent;
‘Cause we’ll receive with joy what Heaven sent:
A sweet little blessing to call our own,
Coming this summer to exalt our home!

Yep. Yessirree. Anybody have a cigar? I’m going to be a daddy. And Christina, a mommy. It’s official.


After 20 weeks, his little heart is beating like crazy and it is hard to believe how big he is already. And yes, it is a he. Cool, huh?


Christina insisted he stay a secret for as long as possible. It’s no longer possible. I’m not sure if it is her tummy, starting to show just a little, or my big mouth, which would prefer telling everyone I meet, that more fully prevents any more secrecy. Either way, it is time to shout it from the rooftops, so to speak.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats! I'm so happy for the two of you. When is she due? How far along is she? Are you guys still living down in Blanding?

Mikelle and Ben said...

Yay! Congrats you guys! That is so exciting! I can't believe you kept it a secret for so long! We can't ever resist telling people! We're so excited for you!

Sean Hurst said...

Congratulations. We knew you would come around eventually. Maggie's due in June, so our second will be just older. That's exciting.

Unknown said...

That is the best news ever! I'm so happy for you guys! Let me know when it all happens ... I want to know his name, weight, etc. etc. And Michael, make sure you get everything Christina wants when she is craving it. These things matter ;)